The Epically Uber Awesome Cool Group
(1) A man gets on a train at 8:47am. The train travels at an average speed of 100km/hr but then slows to 50km/hr halfway through the journey. The distance of the journey is 120km, at what time will the train reach the station?
(2) A train can travel at 100km/hr. If a journey is 325km from Town A to Town B, how long will that journey take?
(3) A train is travelling at 52 km/hr. It leaves the station at 4:45pm and arrives at its destination at 9:30pm. How far has the train travelled?
(4) A train leaves Athenry at 11:47am going to Dublin. The journey is 200km long. The train arrives at 2:17pm, what was its average speed?
(5) A man jumped on a train at 2:00pm and the train was travelling at 80km/hr. If the journey was 320km in total, what time did he arrive at his destination?
(6) A train travels at 71km/hr. If the train arrives at its destination at 8:30pm and the journey was 213km, what time did the train set out?
(1) A train journey without stops takes 2 hours 37 minutes. The start of the trip is delayed by 6 minutes. This train has to stop at 3 stations and is delayed by 4 minutes at each stop. Cattle on the rail line hold it up for another 8 minutes. If the train arrives at 15:41, at what time did it leave?
(2)A train left Dublin at 12:32 and arrived in Galway at 14:57. How long did the journey take?
(3) A train left Dublin and was travelling at a speed of 60km/hr. How long will it take to get to Galway which is 160km away?
(4) Train left Galway at 12:00pm and arrived in Athlone at 1:30pm. The journey was 90km, what speed was the train doing?
(5) A journey from Attymon to Clara took one and a half hours. If the train was travelling at an average speed of 60km/hr, what was the distance the train travelled?
(6) There was an electric train travelling at 100km/hr heading West. The wind was blowing against it at 50km/hr. What direction was the steam going? (Think about it)
Pimp my Train
(1) A train leaves Dublin at 2:27pm and is going to Athenry. The trip takes 2 hours and 38 minutes. If there is a 5 minute stop at each station and there are 7 stations, at what time will the train arrive?
(2) Jim takes a train at 2:17pm that normally takes 1 hour 58 minutes to reach its destination. He has arranged to meet his friend John at the station. John takes a train at 2:57pm that normally takes 2 hours 7 minutes to reach its destination. How long will Jim have to wait for John to arrive?
(3)A train travels at 165km/hr, how far will it travel in 5 hours and 20 minutes?
(4) The fastest train in Galway can travel at 203km/hr, the fastest train in Roscommon can travel at 189km/hr and the fastest train in Mayo can travel at 178km/hr. What is the average speed of the three trains?
(5) A train is travelling from Dublin to Galway, the distance is 208km. The train breaks down a quarter of the way there, how far has the train left to travel?
(6) A train is travelling at a speed of 168km/hr and arrives at its destination 3 hours after it leaves, how far did the train travel?
Bob the Maths Master
(1) A train left Heuston station at 9:57am and arrived in Galway at 11:23am, how long did the journey take?
(2) If the train was going at 10km/hr and left at 1:33pm, how long would it take to arrive in Galway which is 62.5km away?
(3) The train left Galway at o9:32 and arrived in Dublin at 13:02. The distance is 140km/hr, so what was the average speed?
(4) The train left Athenry at 08:44 and arrived in Waterford at 17:59. Its average speed was 32km/hr, what is the distance between Athenry and Waterford?
(5) A train covered a distance of 520km in 6 and a half hours, what was its average speed?
(6) The train went out for three trips, one was 13km long, another was 7km long and the third was 8.75km long. How long were the trips in total in centimetres?
(1) A train set out on a journey of 360km at 12:45. If it completed the journey at 17:15, what was its average speed?
(2) How long of a distance would a train cover in 4 hours and 10 minutes at an average speed of 80km/hr?
(3) A train set out on a journey of 104km at 12:00pm. If the train completed the journey at 3.00pm, what was the average speed?
(4) A train leaves the station at 5.38pm. It has to travel a distance of 300km. If the average speed is 80km/hr, what time will the train arrive at its destination?
(5) A train set out on a journey of 675km at 12:29pm. If the train completed the journey at 5:09pm, what was the trains average speed?
(6) What distance would a train cover in 4 hours 15 minutes travelling at an average speed of 80km/hr?
(1) A train travellled 90km at a speed of 120km/hr. It had to make one unexpected stop for 19 minutes, how long did the journey take?
(2) The train left Athenry at 19:01 and travels at 180km/hr. It has to travel 60km so at what time will it reach its destination?
(3) A train leaves Dublin for a 200km trip at 18:49. It arrives at its destination at 21:19, what speed was the train doing?
(4) A freight train makes three journeys 180km long in total. It takes 6 hours to complete the trips, what was the trains average speed?
(5) A train left Dublin at 11:46 and arrived at Limerick at 12:56. The average speed was 120km/hr, what distance did the train travel?
(6) A train was travelling at 120km/hr. Its journey took 3 and a quarter hours, what distance did the train travel?
Six Feet Deep
(1) A man gets on a train at 10:37. The train was supposed to the reach the station two hours later but was delayed by 45 minutes. At what time did it reach its destination?
(2) A man went on an old steam train. He left the station at 11.28am travelling at a speed of 50km/hr. If the total distance is 210km, at what time will it reach its destination?
(3) A train can travel at 100km/hr, for every 500kg it carries the train is slowed down by 10km/hr. If the train carries 2500kg, how fast will the train be travelling at?
(4) A train travels at a speed of 125km/hr travelling between New York and Las Vegas. If the distance is 625km, how long will the journey take?
(5) A family gets a train at 12:11pm. If the journey takes 2 hours and 39 minutes plus a 6 minute delay at each station (5 stations), what time will the family get to its destination at?
(6) If a train travels at 50km/hr, how far will it go in 3 and a half hours?